Sourdough Bread WorkshopOctober 28 2019 | 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
184 Essex Street, Millburn 07041
You've asked for it, and finally it's here! Bary Yogev, baker/co-owner will be teaching our very first sourdough bread baking class. This is a special opportunity to learn from a top baker in the industry, specializing in high-hydration breads.
If you've been intrigued by baking all-natural sourdough bread at home but the process seems overwhelming, this workshop will introduce you to the concepts and equipment needed to get you started.
Participants will also bring home a mixed and shaped loaf in a tin to bake at home, as well as sourdough starter ready for feeding.
In this workshop you will learn:
- what is a sourdough bread and what makes it special
- how to mix and knead high-hydration bread dough
- what are baker's percentages, and how you use this process to scale your recipe
- how a sourdough starter is created
- how different flours create different results in your finished product
- the equipment needed to create great looking breads at home
- the different stages of bread dough during preparation and rising
- how to bake sourdough bread in a home oven
This workshop will give you plenty of hands-on time in the kitchen. Please wear comfortable, closed-toes shoes as you will be standing for 3 hours.
All equipment will be provided.
Registration limited to 14 participants
This workshop is only open to adults 18+.
Instructor: Bary Yogev has over 15 years of experience as a bread baker in Israel. He has also taught for many years as an instructor at Danon Culinary School in Tel Aviv, both professional-level as well as recreational classes. He currently splits his time between Israel and New Jersey.