Work With Us
We are always looking for hard-working, smart, enthusiastic people to join our team. Have a passion for bread, pastry, and coffee? Contact us to introduce yourself!
- customer-service driven
- enthusiastic, energetic, friendly
- a team player
- enjoy working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- an early riser
- a lover of food and coffee
Already successful after opening in August 2018, we are continuing to introduce the community to artisan, naturally risen breads and French-style pastry from our location at 184 Essex Street, and have created a following and reputation for quality and consistency of product and service.
Retail Associates are our primary customer-facing positions, and your role is to ensure a positive and quality customer experience by providing courteous, friendly and knowledgeable service to customers and team-members.
- Assist customers with friendly, courteous and knowledgeable service
- Process sales transactions using a POS (point of sale) and process all forms of payment
- Maintain display area cleanliness and place products according to display guidelines
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation requirements
- Work opening and closing shifts
- Package bakery products
- Work closely as part of a team, communicating with bakers, prep, and managers on a daily basis
Skills and qualifications:
- High energy and engaging personality, professional demeanor
- High-school diploma or equivalent is required
- Ability to work on your feet for an extended period
- Ability to stay calm and focused in a busy environment
- Available to work flexible hours including mornings, weekends and holidays
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Experience in a similar customer-facing position is required
- Have a passion for delicious and quality coffee, breads and baked goods!
Job type: full- or part-time, but early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends are a must. This is not a 9-5 job!
Required education: High school diploma or equivalent
Required experience: Six months in comparable customer-facing position.
Open for a year, Liv Breads has already built a reputation for quality and consistency of product and service. We are looking for team players,enthusiastic to work in an expanding business focused on fostering a collaborative environment. Our specialty is artisan, high hydration sourdoughs,challah, and laminated dough. Many of our products have a unique Mediterranean twist including Danish dough babka and rugelach and Israeli-style cakes. Our café offers creative and healthful sandwiches highlighting our breads, as well as a full-service coffee bar. The café has a lively and energetic vibe, of which the bread bakers take a part in with our open kitchen where customers can watch the bread bakers at work.
The Pastry Baker works as part of a team responsible for all viennoiserie and cake and cookie prep and production. As our specialty is laminated dough, we prefer a candidate with prior sheeter experience. However, we will train for the right candidate.
- Prepare laminated dough, such as croissant, danish, puff pastry
- Shape laminated product, such as croissant, babka, rugelach, Danish
- Prepare cakes and cookies
- Assist with special orders and holiday production
- Maintain overall cleanliness of the bakery and compliance with all health department regulations
- Work collaboratively as part of a team of pastry and bread bakers
- At least 6 months working in a professional kitchen using commercial mixers and ovens
- Experience scaling recipes
- Precise and organized
- Experience with a sheeter preferred
- Culinary degree preferred
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Team player
- Passion for pastry and learning
Compensation: Competitive compensation package based on experience and skill.
Liv Breads is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time