Liv Breads' Custard French Toast Recipe
- 1 Liv Breads challah
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (or more) butter for frying
Visit our page on Goldbelly to ship our challah nationwide!
1. Mix milk, cream, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a bowl with a whisk until well blended.
2. Cut challah into thick slices (1-2 inches)
3. Arrange challah in one layer in a deep baking dish and pour custard sauce over slices of bread. Cover, and place in fridge overnight (alternatively, you can soak the bread for an hour or two in the morning before frying).
4. Heat a large skillet with butter and pan fry on low heat until desired color; about 5 minutes each side. If you like your French toast extra thick, you may need to brown on both sides and then finish off in the oven at 350 F for around 5 minutes.
5. Serve with maple syrup and berries, or your topping of choice!
The Best Restaurant Meals We Ate in 2022
NBC New York
Liv Breads Bakery Has The World's Best Pretzel
I Tried 10 Store-Bought Challahs — These Are the 2 I’ll Buy Again
Travel + Leisure
12 Best Small Towns in New Jersey
New Jersey Monthly
Poll Results: Readers Choose Their Favorite NJ Restaurants of 2022
Father's Day 2022: Top gift picks for dads
How to Make the Best French Toast Every Time
N.J. artisan bakery and coffee bar opens another location
North Jersey Media Group
4 terrific Hanukkah dishes everyone should eat
Artisan Bakery Chain Expands With New Location in Englewood